Friday, April 26, 2013

Sally Girl Connecting Eyeshadow Singles


So after my first experience with Sally Girl baked eyeshadows, I decided to head back to Sally Beauty to pick up some more eyeshadows from Sally Girl!  I did a little research regarding these because I wasn't sure if I really wanted to pick some up, but many have said that these were good for their buck...and I'm definitely on that boat with them!


 
Top left to right bottom: Golden Bronze, Taupe, Coral, Blue Marine, Bronze, Gun Metal, Cinnamon, Champagne and Brick


What are these?
Individually packaged eyeshadow singles by Sally Girl.  Each is 1.1g/0.4oz of eyeshadow, which isn't too bad, probably would take some time for me to use these up because I have other shadows which I use on a daily basis!  Most colors that I got were either satin or frosty, but two of them Gun Metal and Blue Marine are pretty matte like, so that was definitely a surprise for me!  I ended up getting mostly neutrals again...I think that this is a weakness of mines...I have Naked 2, yet I'm still buying more taupes and neutral browns.

Packaging?
Honestly, for the price, the packaging is as good as it can get, it's kind of like the Wet n' Wild eyeshadow singles.  The eyeshadow is in a black plastic casing and then there is a clear top.  I like the fact that unlike their baked shadows, these singles have their name on them!  The cool thing about these is that they connect together, so you can make your own little compact palettes, and you can switch them up too!

Colors?
They have a lot of color variety, but I found that they didn't have really dark dark colors.  Maybe my Sally Beauty didn't have every color in stock, but the darkest color I saw on display was a dark charcoal grey, but with that said though, they definitely have a wide range of neutrals and browns which is great if you're looking for maybe alternative to making you're own 'Naked' palette.  They have some beautiful colors which I picked up, Bronze, Taupe and Brick!

Price?
In the States, these are $0.99 US but in Canada, they are $1.39 CDN, and honestly, I think that's fine for the quality that they are.  It would be definitely better if they were only $0.99 CDN!  I think that this is a great way for people to try out new colors without breaking the bank!

My Take?
I'm glad I went to Sally Beauty to check these out again because I was a bit skeptical because for the price, I was a bit hesitant about it.  The display for these weren't exactly pretty or attention grabbing, so I wasn't sure about what I was getting myself into, even my boyfriend was like have you even tried these before and stuff like that.  I did find Gun Metal and Blue Marine to be a bit on the powdery side, but they are also the colors that were almost matte, so that might be it?  But all the other colors were absolutely gorgeous!  I like the fact that they can connect, which means that I won't have a bunch of single eyeshadows that are all scattered in my makeup bag, which means easy access to my products when I need them!

Swatches?
*All swatches done without primer.

Golden Bronze:
A cool toned chocolate brown satin.



Taupe:
A light taupe satin, with hints of pink.




Gun Metal:
A light matte pink.




Cinnamon:
A coral reddish bronze frost.




Coral:
A pink peach satin.



Champagne:
A light champagne satin.




Bronze:
A bronzed pink frost.



Brick:
A rich copper frost.



Blue Marine
A blue based teal with slight hint of gold and green (hard to tell from the swatch, but in pan, you can see it!).


Here are all the colors next to each other so that you can see them!

So here is my take on Sally Girl's connecting eyeshadow singles!  Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. do you have anymore of the single conecting ones???????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find Sally girl products in united states. First time user.

    ReplyDelete