Monday, April 29, 2013

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Classic Nude

Hi all!  I'm officially done my undergrad...and well frankly, not too excited to start my life as a working citizen , I wanna be at school again!  But I'm back again with another item.  Needless to say, half my makeup collection is composed of neutral shades (browns, taupes, champagnes and pinks) but for some reason, I still can't get enough of it...I wonder why, hmmmmm?  This is no exception, I gave in to my neutral eyeshadow calling when I purchased this.  This is the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Classic Nude, which I probably shouldn't have bought simply because I already have UD Naked 2, but yeah, I don't have much self restraint!


I only got this yesterday, so I can only tell you guys about my first impressions of the palette since I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, but I do own another shimmer strip from Physicians Formula.  I think what got me is the cute packaging...which shouldn't because packaging can be very misleading.  It is a laced wrapped packaging with a little bow and the name of the shimmer strip on top.  When you open it up, there are 9 color 'strips' and a sponge tip applicator (which I don't use).  On the back of the packaging, it explains how you can create your classic nude look using the combinations of colors, but that doesn't mean you can't experiment with different combinations though!  It's really portable and definitely travel friendly, I was scared that the magnetic closure was flimsy, but it stays closed with it needs to.  Too bad it doesn't come with a mirror, or else that would make it a little better!  From my swatches, almost all the colors are shimmery (hence the name shimmer strips), minus the last dark brown, which is more of a matte brown with tiny flecks of silver glitter.  I was hoping for this to have a bit more pigmentation, but I know from using my other shimmer strip from Physicians Formula that the colors show up more vibrant when wet, so maybe I'll have more luck the colors are wet (actually re-edit, below will have swatches of colors wet and dry).  For the price, I am a bit disappointed because I'm expecting a certain standard from drugstore products if they are priced at a particular point.  I bought this for $10 CDN, so it's like the price of a L'oreal quad or a Revlon quad, but the upside is that I have 9 colors to work with.  The colors though, as beautiful as they are, when swatched, I found that there were some repeats in this palette, like the two taupes that are in the palette and the two lightest highlighter color.

Swatches?
*Swatches are done without a primer.

Color description from left to right:
1) Dark brown matte with tiny tiny silver flicks of glitter
2) A light brown taupe shimmer
3) A peach champagne shimmer
4) A chocolate brown shimmer
5) A golden tan shimmer
6) A peach shimmer with a pink douchrome effect (kind of hard to see)
7) A darker golden tan shimmer
8) A light brown taupe shimmer (almost identical to color 2)
9) A frosty light pink shimmer

Dry Swatches:
Wet Swatches:
So here is my two cents on my first impressions on Physicians Formula's Shimmer Strips in Classic Nude.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment