Sunday, April 21, 2013

Essence Quattro Eyeshadow Quad in Over the Taupe

So I managed to pick this cute thing up yesterday on my local trip to Shoppers Drug Mart!  In Canada, we can only get Essence products at Shoppers Drug Mart and fortunately, they haven't marked up the prices like they do with everything else.  I had always passed on the quads from Essence because no colors really stood out to me, but for some reason, I saw this one and was like hmmmm, time to try it now!

I decided to get Over the Taupe which is a taupe based quad, in it are three actual taupe colors and one light peach highlighter.  I think that this quad definitely satisfies my love for taupe, and since I have the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe, it would serve to be a great base for this eyeshadow quad!.  All the colors are are satin finish, nothing glittery, which is what I like about it!  While swatching the colors, they felt soft and buttery, so I'm hoping that is a good step forward towards whether or not they are actually good on the lid or not!  But I did notice something though, all of my previous products from Essence were made in Poland, but now, they are stamped with made in China, so just letting you guys know!  There is a decent amount of product, but I wish that all four colors had the same amount of product.

Swatches?
* All swatches done without primer.
 *All colors are satin finish.
Colors from left to right from the swatches:
1) A light peach satin
2) A light taupe satin
3) A brown taupe satin
4) A dark chocolate brown taupe satin













I'm definitely interested to see how these translate into a look and whether or not I'm going to purchase some more!  But for the price, it was originally $3.49 CDN, but for some reason, it scanned $2.29 CDN, even better!  Let me know what you think, of if there are any other quads from Essence that you have tried that I should give a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment