Friday, April 12, 2013

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling and Precious

Hello lovelies!  I rarely buy lip products but I had to give these a try since they claim to give you a stain.  I absolutely hate lipsticks because you have to reapply them all the time and honestly it gets so messy when I eat and drink, so I decided to give these a try instead.  Here is my review on Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Darling and Precious.


What are these?
These are balms, almost like chapstick consistency that provide color for your lips, but also give them a stain as well.  These are like the Clinique Chubby Sticks but they give you a stain in the end.  When applied on your lips, they have a hint of mint and are a bit tingly, but if you aren't a fan of mint flavored lip products, have no fear because the taste disappears after like 10 minutes.  These are very smooth to apply but you need to make sure you don't over apply, it could bring out the lines in your lips.  It's like a giant crayon for your lips...that's how my boyfriend described it as when I first bought them.

Packaging?
I don't like this packaging too much because of the way the lid is, I wish it was a bit more secure.  There have been times where I just throw them into my purse and then think again and take them out and place them in my makeup bag instead.  The lid just doesn't seem secure enough to handle all the movement in my purse or school bag.  So this is just a heads up and because they are soft, I can already see it getting all over my stuff if the lid were to come off.  The product is dispensed by twisting the silver portion at the bottom.

Colors?
There are currently 12 colors I believe.  I only own two of them because I wanted to give them a try.  I own Darling and Precious, I really wanted Honey, but they only had one left and my sister wanted it, so I got it for her instead.  For these,  I found that I had to see swatches online before going to the store and picking some up because most places won't have a tester for you and honestly the color on the packaging isn't exactly true to color most of the time.  There are really nude colors but also very bright colors and because I don't own too much lip products, I decided to get a nude color and a more 'out there' color (see swatches for what I mean).

Price?
These range for us in Canada, anywhere between $12 - $8 (CDN), but at Rexall, they sometimes go on sale and obviously, I bought these on sale for $4.99 (CDN), which is a steal for Revlon products.

My Take?
Being a non lip product person, I like these.  They don't get messy like lipsticks and they do leave a nice stain.  I did find that Darling left a much more better stain than Precious did.  I don't mind the after taste of these balm stains (I have a sweet mint flavored EOS lip balm) but I wish they would last a bit longer on my lips rather than the 10 minutes.  I wished I hadn't gotten such a bright color (Darling) but it forces me to pull off some more braver and colorful looks when I use this balm stain.  Like I mentioned, I found them to be extremely soft, I even partially dented Darling when I was trying to put the lid on it (BOO!), I also feel like these wouldn't do too well during the summer if I left them in my purse on a hot day or in the car, so keep that in mind!

Swatches?

Swatches on my hand:










Lip without any product:







Darling:
- dark lilac purple with undertones of pink








Precious:
- nude brown with orange undertones








Stain:
- the swatches that you saw above on my hand, I left them there for about 10 minutes and they ended up staining, but obviously, the longer you leave it on your lips, the better the stain










So here is my take on Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling and Precious, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment