Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection in Green with Envy and Feelin' Blue?

Hello lovelies!  I'm back with another review!  I just realized while typing this, its mid April and its still lightly snowing in Canada...seriously, I love winter but I think it's really time that spring comes around soon!  Any who, I'm here to tell you guys about Hard Candy's new makeup collection that has just recently hit Canadian Walmarts!


 
What are these?
These are palettes that are part of Hard Candy's new makeup collection.  Each palette has a color theme with it.  It currently comes in 5 different variations, I only picked up 2 because these were the only ones that interested me!  There are 10 shadows that range from light to dark.  All these are shimmery or frosty, so for all those who want matte shadows, unfortunately these aren't for you then!

Packaging?
I actually really like the packaging of these palettes, it's really cute with the lace!  The packaging is pretty sturdy in my opinion, you could put these in your makeup bag and wouldn't be scared about them opening up!  I did find these a bit hard to open, so if you just did your nails, probably not a good idea to try to open these palettes.  Inside every palette is a mirror, it's pretty decent sized but not a mirror for your full face.  Depending on the variation of the palette you buy, the color under the lace is different, so for Green with Envy, the color is green and Feelin' Blue, the color is blue.

Colors?
Like I said, these palettes come in 5 different color themes, the other ones that I didn't pick were pink, purple and neutral.  The two that I got were Green with Envy and Feelin' Blue.  Green with Envy has a combination of browns and greens, I found that whole palette had one actual vibrant green, but most of the other greens were like mossy greens.  The browns in this palette weren't too good, as much as I wanted them to be but they are okay.  Feelin' Blue is a combination of silvers and blues, definitely something different from what I have in my collection!  The first couple of colors look a bit similar, but the last couple of colors are amazing, so vibrant and pretty!

Price?
These are currently $5.95 CDN at Walmart.  This isn't bad considering you get 10 colors and 13g/0.4oz of product.  This is definitely something for those who want to experiment with color because it's not too expensive.  Maybe they will consider releasing other color variations, I would definitely be interested!

My Take?
I like these, but I can't say that I cannot live without them!  I think that these were pretty good pigmentation, minus a couple in each palette.  These are definitely not the same as MAC or Urban Decay, but for the price, there isn't much to complain about.  Some of the colors in both palettes had some fallout, so I would be very careful when applying these on the lid.  These definitely will last a lot longer if applied over a primer and even better if over a base.  I think Green with Envy could definitely be a neutral palette as well, but Feelin' Blue is definitely a colorful palette.

Swatches?
*Swatches are done with no primer.

Green with Envy:
 Colors from left to right:
1) Light champagne
2) A peach champagne
3) A light brown
4) A chocolate brown
5) A moss green with yellow undertones
6) A pale darkened lime green
7) A olive green with hues of gold
8) A green with brown undertones
9) An emerald green with brown undertones
10) A brown with green undertones
* Keep in mind, all the colors are shimmery.
Feelin' Blue:
 Colors from left to right:
1) A frosty white
2) A silver grey
3) A light baby blue with purple undertones
4) A darkened silver with blue undertones
5) A light purple blue
6) A bright turquoise blue
7) A dark blue teal
8) A jewel tone sapphire blue
9) A blue with undertones of purple
10) A navy blue
* Keep in mind, all the colors are shimmery.
So here is my take on Hard Candy's Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection in Green with Envy and Feelin' Blue, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment