Monday, April 22, 2013

Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadow Singles

Hello again!  I'm suppose to be studying for an exam I have for tomorrow but instead, I'm giving you my take on Sally Girl's baked eyeshadow singles!  I managed to get my hands on these at Sally's Beauty in Canada, while my boyfriend was in the area looking for a motorcycle shop!  I purchased 4 of these babies, they are so cute and definitely swatching pretty nicely on my arm right now, but lets see how they will do when I actually wear them!
I have heard about this company, but have never really purchased anything from them simply because it's hard to find in Canada, I think they are only sold at Sally's Beauty?  But even at Sally's Beauty, the display for Sally Girl was like hidden underneath the cash registrar, and some of the stuff wasn't even stocked up, so even if I wanted to try more things from them, I would probably have to go back and check if they have more stock of other things.  I think most of their stuff is $1.39 CDN (in the US, I think it's only $0.99 US), which isn't bad and if they are good, then its definitely a return trip to buy more stuff!  I'm such a sucker for baked shadows, I have so many, but it's like an obsession  along with my collection of purple and brown shades.  I wasn't brave enough to try out the more colorful colors they had but I wanted more neutral colors to try out to see if I liked their products.  I managed to pick up 4 of them, from left to right starting at the top left corner: 1) a champagne shimmer, 2) light lilac purple shimmer,  3) a cooper brown shimmer and 4) light pink shimmer.  For the cooper brown, in the pan itself, it looks like a chocolate brown, but when I swatched it, it looked like a cooper color, so definitely not as true to color as I wanted, but its still a nice color.  Now in the first two photos, it probably looks like there's a lot of product, but in reality, the actual pan is bigger than a quarter and the actual ball of product, is probably the size of a penny, but for the price, I'm not really complaining too much.  I can definitely see these are being travel friendly because they are so small and convenient to throw in my makeup bag!  PS: the ones that I got had no names, which isn't very helpful for me because its like ughhhhhhhhhhh LOL!

Swatches?
*All swatches are done with out a primer!
Since these are baked shadows, I decided to not only do a regular swatch, but also wet swatches.

Dry Swatches:

Wet Swatches: 

I found these looked better swatches dry rather than wet, when wet, its like crumbly feeling when I swatch them, so I think these would definitely be a good way to add a wash of color on my lids!  But if swatched wet, it definitely brings out the intensity of the colors!

So here is my take on Sally Girl baked eyeshadows, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment