Friday, March 22, 2013

Face Stuffs!

So recently I've been really into face products!  I've never really been 'into' them before, I had my typical foundation, BB cream and setting powder, but that was really it.  But on my recent trip to Walmart, I think I developed a need to impulse buy face products, so I picked up two things that I think are worth sharing!


So I purchased Hard Candy's So Baked Bronzer in 129 Tiki and Milani's Illuminating Face Powder in 01 Amber Nectar.  I have heard great things about both these products and since I slowly expanding my face makeup collection, I decided it would be a good idea to add these in!  Both products are about the same size, Tiki has 12.5g/0.44oz while Amber Nectar has 10g/0.35oz of product, this is a huge amount of product  that probably will take me a long time to finish!

So starting with Hard Candy's Tiki...
So Tiki is suppose to be a bronzer but I definitely did not purchase it for that purpose!  I had heard from others that Tiki is very similar to the MAC Mineral Skin Finishes (which I don't own) so I was eager to give it a try!  The color itself is a golden peach shimmer (see swatch), although when you blend it out, it gives the skin a nice sheen to it without being super shiny.  I've been applying this on my face with just a regular blush brush, lightly sweeping it all over as a face powder basically.  I have combination oily skin, so at the end of the day, it will look uber shiny, but I didn't find that this made my face look more shiny, which is a good thing!  It's very soft and fine milled and doesn't have any huge chunks of like glitters or shimmers!  This would definitely work well as a highlighter as well just on your cheek bones!  I see this as more of my go to during winter or even spring!  I'm definitely happy with this purchase and would purchase again if I run out!  At my local Walmart, this was $8.98 (CDN).

Now Milani's Amber Nectar...
So I was super excited when I purchased this!  I was unsure about how the color would look on my face because the product itself has a combination of peachy coral, creamy ivory, light brown and taupe.  I was thinking...what kind of color is this going to make?  Well, a damn pretty color I say!  When you swirl your kabuki brush into this powder, it makes a light coral peach and when you blend it out, it's like a golden shimmer.  I was worried that Amber Nectar and Tiki would look the same on my skin but Tiki gives off more of a natural glow while Amber Nectar gives off more of a tanner glow...if that makes sense?  I realized that the Amber Nectar has this slight cinnamon smell to it...maybe it's just me, but I like it!  This one isn't like a highlighter I think, it gives off a satin finish, more like a dewy finish to the skin when you apply it.  This is definitely a more summer face powder when I've developed a nice tan!  At my local Walmart, this was $9.98 (CDN)!

I definitely recommend these for anyone who likes a light wash of color all over!  I would definitely say keep a light hand when you use these because the color can be built up and trust me, I've made the mistake of wearing too much highlighter or face powder... and let me tell you, its not a good look!

No comments:

Post a Comment